Monday 30 November 2009

Brass in pocket - The Pretenders

'Brass in pocket' was released as the Pretenders' third single. It was their first success, reaching number 1 in the UK singles chart in January 1980. In the Dutch Top 40, the single reached number 7. The song takes its title from an expression Hynde heard from a member of a Yorkshire-based support band who was looking for his money.

Chrissie Hynde commented about 'Brass in pocket' two decades after its release: 'When we recorded the song I wasn't very happy with it and told my producer that he could release it over my dead body, but they eventually persuaded me. So I remember feeling a bit sheepish when it went to number one.'

My collection: 7" single no. 1011
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 17, 1989
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Brass in pocket' / 'Swinging London', 'Nervous but shy'

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcel,

    I am searching for all three songs of the Opretneders Brass In pocket single. Do you have a link that I could download from.

    many thanks!

    RFW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising