Monday 19 October 2009

Hey Jude - The Beatles

'Hey Jude' was originally written by Paul McCartney as 'Hey Jules' as a song for Julian Lennon, after the divorce of his parents, John and Cynthia Lennon. Paul commented: 'I started with the idea 'Hey Jules', which was Julian, don't make it bad, take a sad song and make it better. Hey, try and deal with this terrible thing. I knew it was not going to be easy for him. I always feel sorry for kids in divorces... I changed it to 'Jude' because I thought that sounded a bit better.'

The song became a massive hit for the Beatles, reaching number 1 in charts around the world. The single was the debut release of the Beatles' record label Apple Records.

My collection: 7" single no. 425
Found: Den Haag, June 29, 1986
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Hey Jude' / 'Revolution'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising