Wednesday 7 October 2009

De ambulance - Rubberen Robbie

Although I realise the joke is lost on foreign readers, I have committed myself to putting my record collection online and that includes a handful of Rubberen Robbie singles. 'De ambulance' is a parody of the song 'De diligence' and is all about boozing and fighting in a nearby pub.

The pub that was frequented by the members of Rubberen Robbie - and often mentioned in their songs - was 'De hut van Ome Henne' (Uncle Henne's cabin), a pub in Leiden that still exists. The B-side of this single was apparently recorded live there too.

My collection: 7" single no. 2567
Found: November 19, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'De ambulance' / 'Witte en rooie radijs (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising