Saturday 5 September 2009

Sentinel (Single restructure) - Mike Oldfield

With 'Sentinel', Mike Oldfield introduced his album 'Tubular bells II' to the world. The single was a remixed version of a track on the album, produced by Trevor Horn, Mike Oldfield and Tom Newman. It was the most successful single from the album, peaking at number 10 in the UK singles chart.

A remix cd-single appeared at the same time as this vinyl single, featuring three spacey versions of 'Sentinel' by the Orb. I didn't know this cd-single existed until very recently - so I bought it on eBay. That's how it goes these days - for this 7" single I had to fly to London. (Well, not only for this single, but you know what I mean.)

My collection: 7" single no. 1775
Found: Virgin Megastore, London, October 21, 1992
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Sentinel (Single restructure)' / 'Early stages'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising