Tuesday 29 September 2009

I want your (hands on me) - Sinéad O'Connor

'I want your (hands on me)' was already not the strongest track on Sinéad O'Connor's debut album 'The lion and the cobra', but the single version, released in the spring of 1988, had the added bonus of a rap by a certain MC Lyte. And as you well know, rapping is the worst kind of self-expression.

I wasn't going to buy this single at first, until I noticed the B-side contained a live version of 'Just call me Joe', recorded during a BBC Radio One session in 1987. Okay, so the B-side was better than the A-side this time around... The single reached number 77 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 2546
Found: Record Exchange, London, November 1, 1995
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'I want your (hands on me) (feat. MC Lyte)' / 'Just call me Joe (live)'

2 comments:

  1. This is a great track from Sinead. THANKS. I'd also like to thank you for your Private Lives posts. Any chance you have the 12" extended version of Living in A World (Turned Upside Down)"? Been looking for it for a long time. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I have nearly everything Sinead has put out, but the BBC version of "Joe" had eluded me until now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising