Saturday 12 September 2009

Always - Erasure

'Always' was released as the first single from Erasure's sixth album 'I say I say I say'. The song quickly became Erasure's 13th Top 10 on the UK singles chart, peaking at number 4. It topped the charts in Ireland and hit number 5 in Germany. In the United States, the single peaked at number 20 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

The real treat here is the instrumental B-side 'Tragic'. Andy Bell added vocals to this track later on - that version was released on the cd-single of the later single 'I love Saturday'. That single was not released on 7" vinyl.

My collection: 7" single no. 2507
Found: House of Rhythm, London, October 30, 1995
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Always' / 'Tragic'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising