Saturday 1 August 2009

Would I lie to you? - Eurythmics

The Eurythmics changed their musical style from synthpop to a more rock-oriented sound in 1985, with the album 'Be yourself tonight' and the single 'Would I lie to you?'. The single peaked at number 17 in the UK singles chart, number 5 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 23 in the Dutch Top 40.

I didn't buy the single at the time because I thoroughly disliked the song. Having grown accustomed to Eurythmics' synth-heavy tracks, this one was too boring for me to get through. Even now I don't think it's one of their best songs, but for 25 eurocents... What the hell. The single was very dusty but I cleaned it up while doing the dishes. It really helps, as you can hear.

My collection: 7" single no. 3916
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 31, 2009
Cost: 0,25 euro
Tracks: 'Would I lie to you?' / 'Here comes that sinking feeling'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising