Wednesday 12 August 2009

It would take a strong strong man - Rick Astley

I bought this single of 'It would take a strong strong man' in 1995. I didn't know it had been released as a single, but since this was an American pressing I assumed it was only released over there. I was right, to a degree: this single reached number 10 in the US Billboard Hot 100, but it also reached number 2 in Canada and number 4 in Ireland.

The real treat here is the B-side: just like 'It would take a strong strong man', 'You move me' was taken from Astley's debut album 'Whenever you need somebody'. But 'You move me' is the best track on the album, a bouncy, soulful track that is still fresh two decades later. And the lyric is very appropriate for these times of crisis and people losing their jobs.

My collection: 7" single no. 2317
Found: Record fair, June 3, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'It would take a strong strong man' / 'You move me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising