Tuesday 4 August 2009

I want your sex - George Michael

George Michael released his first controversial solo single in 1987, the provocative 'I want your sex'. It was banned on many daytime radio stations in both the USA and the UK. Despite - or perhaps because of - all the controversy, the single became a number 1 hit in the UK and the Netherlands. It also reached number 2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

It is remarkable that George Michael's 1998 compilation album 'Ladies & Gentlemen' does not feature the A-side of this single, but rather the B-side. Perhaps he's grown to be ashamed of this display of casual hornyness?

My collection: 7" single no. 543
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1987
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I want your sex (Rhythm 1: Lust)' / 'I want your sex (Rhythm 2: Brass in love)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising