Tuesday 11 August 2009

Chasing pavements - Adele

The last stop in my tour around London (bar the obligatory visit to HMV, but I haven't bought a 7" single there in a long time!) was Sister Ray in Berwick Street. Almost closed last year, I was happy to hear that the shop was saved, and even happier to see that they still stocked an attractive amount of 7" singles. I ended up buying 10 pieces, most of them recent ones, such as this one.

Adele's 'Chasing pavements' was released in January 2008 as her second single. The song refers to an incident that occurred at 6am one day after a fight with a former boyfriend during which Adele was running down the street alone. The single peaked at number 2 in the UK singles chart and number 9 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 3982
Found: Sister Ray, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Chasing pavements' / 'That's it, I quit, I'm moving on'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising