Thursday 13 August 2009

Careless memories - Duran Duran

'Careless memories' was the second single by Duran Duran, released in April 1981. The choice to release this song as a single was made by the record company. They must have been unpleasantly surprised when it stalled at number 37 in the UK singles chart, after the debut single 'Planet earth' had been a top 20 hit. Subsequent singles were chosen by the band - and became big hits.

This perhaps one of the least recognised Duran Duran tracks, and I admit I didn't know the track when I bought the single. Still, as I was collecting Duran Duran, I had to have this one as well.

My collection: 7" single no. 2639
Found: April 13, 1996
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Careless memories' / 'Khanada'

1 comment:

  1. was popular in Portugal at the time and the b-side was, until recent years, exclusively available on this 7inch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising