Friday 10 July 2009

When will I see you again - Three Degrees

'When will I see you again' was written and produced by Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff. The Three Degrees recorded and released the track in 1974. Sheila Ferguson from the group recalled that 'the song was played to me by Kenny Gamble at the piano in 1973 and I threw a tantrum. I screamed and yelled and said I would never sing it. I thought it was ridiculously insulting to be given such a simple song and that it took no talent to sing it. We did do it and several million copies later, I realized that he knew more than me.'

The single became one of the most successful recordings using the 'Philly Soul' sound, selling over 25 million copies worldwide. In the UK the single topped the chart, whereas in the Netherlands it reached number 4.

My collection: 7" single no. 2958
Found: February 9, 1998
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'When will I see you again' / 'I didn't know'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising