Tuesday 7 July 2009

She's out of my life - Michael Jackson

'She's out of my life' was written by Tom Bahler. He wrote the song about Karen Carpenter, who broke up with him after he'd had an affair with another woman - and father a child with her. The song became famous as the fourth single from Michael Jackson's album 'Off the wall'. Unlike the album's previous singles, which were all dance/funk tracks, this was an emotional ballad, showing another side of the American superstar.

Although he had attempted to record the song's last few moments with emotional restraint, Michael Jackson kept breaking down in tears at the end. Producer Quincy Jones subsequently decided to let Jackson's tearful recording stand: 'I said 'hey - that's supposed to be, leave it on there''.

I got the single from my brother who had more than one copy of this single after Michael Jackson's death. That in itself is a rather astounding thing, as my brother is not always this generous.

My collection: 7" single no. 3826
Found: present, July 3, 2009
Cost: nothing
Track: 'She's out of my life' (Michael Jackson) / 'Push me away' (The Jacksons)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising