Tuesday 21 July 2009

Follow me - Amanda Lear

Amanda Lear has made a point of being unclear about her childhood. She was alledgedly born as Amanda Tapp in Hong Kong on November 18, 1939, but the stories she told the press have been deliberately conflicting, with her date of birth ranging between 1939 and 1948 and her place of birth reported as Switzerland, Saigon, Hanoi as well as Hong Kong.

After a career in modelling she moved into music in the mid-Seventies. 'Follow me' has become her signature song. It was taken from her second album 'Sweet revenge' and released in the summer of 1978. It reached number 3 in the Netherlands, Germany and South Africa. Amanda later recorded several remakes of 'Follow me' trying to revive her career: in 1987, 1989, 1993, 1998 and one version in the early 2000s.

My collection: 7" single no. 3883
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 20, 2009
Cost: 0,25 euro
Tracks: 'Follow me' / 'Mother look what they've done to me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising