Saturday 18 July 2009

Annie I'm not your daddy - Kid Creole and the Coconuts

Kid Creole and the Coconuts enjoyed the biggest hit of their career in the autumn of 1982, when 'Annie I'm not your daddy' reached number 2 in the UK singles chart and number 3 in the Dutch Top 40. It became the signature song for the band.

Thomas August Darnell Browder, who renamed himself Kid Creole in 1980, described his persona as 'inspired by Cab Calloway and the Hollywood films of the Thirties and Fourties. The Kid fills out his colorful zoot suits with style and grace, dancing onstage with his inimitable, relentless and self-proclaimed cool'. Well, a line like 'If I was in your blood, then you wouldn't be so ugly' is decidedly icy.

My collection: 7" single no. 3857
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, July 18, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Annie I'm not your daddy' / 'You had no intention'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising