Wednesday 24 June 2009

Vriendschap - Het Goede Doel

The central theme of the song 'Vriendschap' ('Friendship') is made clear by the first sentence of the refrain: 'Eenmaal trek je de conclusie / Vriendschap is een illusie' ('Once you'll draw the conclusion / Friendship is an illusion'). This single by the Dutch band Het Goede Doel was one I played a lot after I was unsuccessful in conquering the heart of a female friend I had in highschool. She not only told me she wasn't interested in any romantic relationship, she also kept her distance for months. What a great friend she was.

The single was released in January 1983 and reached the number 4 position in the Dutch Top 40, just like their previous release, 'België'.

My collection: 7" single no. 3764
Found: Marktplaats.nl, received June 3, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Vriendschap' / 'Anders dan iedereen'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising