Monday 1 June 2009

I could fall in love with you - Erasure

'I could fall in love with you' was released in April 2007 as the first single from Erasure's 13th studio album 'Light at the end of the world'. It was the first 7" single release by Erasure since 'Run to the sun' (1994). The single peaked at number 21 in the UK singles chart.

Vince Clarke explained about the song: 'Before we started this album, I was really keen for it not to be mid-tempo - I'm having a mid-tempo crisis! Our albums seem to have got slower and slower, so I started searching for classic funk or disco bass lines, put some ideas together with chord changes and bass lines underneath, and emailed them to Andy for him to sing over the top. The song, like this album, is quite 'up' and uptempo because we're both in good spaces right now.'

My collection: 7" single no. 3498
Found: eBay, received December 23, 2008
Cost: 3 pounds
Tracks: 'I could fall in love with you (Jeremy Wheatley radio mix)' / 'I like it'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising