Sunday 17 May 2009

Our summer - All about Eve

All about Eve formed in 1985. After their first release 'D for Desire', the core of the band became Julianne Regan, Tim Bricheno and Andy Cousin. Aided by a drum machine, they recorded their second single 'Our summer', which became some sort of underground classic. Both tracks were produced by Simon Hinkler and wayne Hussey from the Mission (UK).

When I became a fan of All about Eve I quickly found out about these early singles. I never thought I'd actually own them, knowing that they were so extremely rare. But in April 1996, I finally found a copy. A great victory.

My collection: 7" single no. 2638
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 13, 1996
Cost: 15 guilders
Tracks: 'Our summer' / 'Lady moonlight'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising