Sunday 17 May 2009

My camera never lies - Bucks Fizz

Released a year after their debut single and Eurovision winner 'Making your mind up', 'My camera never lies' was Bucks Fizz's third number one hit in the UK. The song was a track from the group's second album 'Are you ready', released two months later. In the Netherlands, the single only managed to get to number 30.
The song was written by band member Andy Hill and Nichola Martin, who had put the group together in 1980 and co-wrote songs for them. The lyrics concern a man who has become obsessed with a woman, who is clearly not interested, but he thinks differently and has convinced himself that she is lying to herself and so he pursues her. The 'camera' of the title denotes his view of the situation.

I ended up buying two versions of the single. After buying the 'normal' version in 1994, I found the limited edition posterbag version a decade later. I simply had to have it. My sister had bought it back in 1982 when the single came out - but the shop didn't have anymore copies.

My collection: 7" single no. 2127 / no. 3244
Found: Record palace, Amsterdam, July 30, 1994 / Record exchange, London, 2002
Cost: 2 guilders / 1 pound
Tracks: 'My camera never lies' / 'What am I gonna do'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising