Monday 4 May 2009

I feel for you - Chaka Khan

Prince wrote and recorded 'I feel for you' on his 1979 album 'Prince'. When Chaka Khan recorded it for her 1984 album 'I feel for you' and released it as a single, it became a massive hit. In the autumn of 1984, the single reached number 7 in the Dutch Top 40.

Khan's version featured an all-star supporting cast, with rapping from Melle Mel, keyboard and guitar by The System, and harmonica playing and sampled vocals by Stevie Wonder. Also, samples from Wonder's 'Fingertips Part 2' are used.

My collection: 12" single no. 167
Found: Record fair, 1993
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'I feel for you (remix)' / 'Chinatown (LP version)'
Download: here (password: discotrax80s.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising