Saturday 9 May 2009

The heaven I need - Three Degrees

After the Three Degrees single 'My simple heart' reached number 9 in the UK singles chart, the group disappeared from the scene for half a decade. They released two albums on their own 3D label, 'Album of love' and 'Live in the UK', but neither charted.

They returned to the charts in 1985 with the single 'The heaven I need', written and produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman, who were quickly conquering the pop scene at the time. The single peaked at number 42, which was not a very high placing, but it still became one of the more convincing dance tracks of the year.

My collection: 7" single no. 3001
Found: Geest, Den Haag, 2001
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'The heaven I need' / 'Gimme gimme gimme'

1 comment:

  1. woo-hoo...THANKYOU so much...been looking for 'gimme, gimme, gimme' forever...you rock

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising