Monday 25 May 2009

Do you really want to hurt me - Culture Club

Part of my renewed interest in buying 7" vinyl singles is caused by my realisation that there are some very odd holes in my collection. This one is a prime example of that: while I have most of Culture Club's hit singles, their first major hit single was missing.

'Do you really want to hurt me' became a major hit after their memorable debut performance on 'Top of the Pops', which they got thanks to Shakin' Stevens being ill and not able to appear, leading the song to become a UK number 1 single for three weeks in October 1982. The single also became a number one hit in Switzerland, Sweden, Ireland, Germany, Canada, Austria and Australia. In the Netherlands, the song peaked at number 2.

My collection: 7" single no. 3725
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, May 23, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Do you really want to hurt me' / 'Do you really want to hurt me (dub version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising