Thursday 14 May 2009

Dinge-dong - Teach-In

It's not so strange that the Netherlands didn't get through to the final of this year's Eurovision Song Contest with the so-called Toppers. The song was too wordy, the lyric was full of platitudes, the three fat men looked ridiculous in their suits and the whole thing was just too bad for words.

I do wonder how I would have felt about Teach-In back in 1975 if I'd been older. The lyric of this song isn't exactly highbrow and the music was pretty much the same as any popsong at the time. These days, we only know it as the last song that won Eurovision for the Netherlands. The fact that it's 34 years ago makes it rather painful. We hear this song every damn year! But still, it's essential to have in my Eurovision collection, which is why I bought it. And I'm very glad this copy is in excellent condition.

My collection: 7" single no. 3709
Found: Marktplaats.nl, received May 13, 2009
Cost: 3,5 euro
Tracks: 'Dinge-dong' / 'Ik heb geen geld voor de trein'



1 comment:

  1. I listened to all the Eurovision winning songs recently and I was pleasantly surprised with how good they were. Like this song - a real toe-tapper.

    But yes - The Toppers were crap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising