Wednesday 13 May 2009

Dansevise - Grethe og Jørgen Ingmann

'Dansevise' will always be one of the most eccentric and beautiful winning songs in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest as far as I'm concerned. Grethe and Jørgen Ingmann performed the song in 1963, representing Denmark. Grethe and Jørgen met in 1955 and got married the next year. After winning the contest, the couple got divorced in 1975. Grethe passed away on August 18, 1990.

'Dansevise' has been covered by various artists including Eurovision celebrities like Corry Brokken, Birthe Kjaer and Lys Assia.

My collection: 7" single no. 3708
Found: Marktplaats.nl, received May 13, 2009
Cost: 4 euro
Tracks: 'Dansevise' / 'Forevigt forbi'

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree ... being a Dane and all.

    But it is a wonderful song.

    Some ten years ago I found a rarity namely private pressing .

    From memory the lp consists of the actual recordings from tv and some music.

    It was given to a famous Danish magician (Written on the whitelabel)

    Well .. maybe I should dig it out and give it a listen as I havent done so for years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising