Thursday 16 April 2009

Road to our dream - T'pau

'Road to our dream' was the second single from T'pau's second album 'Rage' (1988). This was the least successful of the three singles released from the album, peaking at number 42 in the UK, and not reaching the charts in other countries at all.

Truth be told, the track is a bit of a non-starter. I bought the cd-single before I bought the album and I almost lost the appetite to buy the 7" single - and subsequent singles. It's hard to pinpoint what is missing exactly, but for lack of a better word, I'll say that this song misses a 'soul'.

My collection: 7" single no. 714
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, January 6, 1989
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Road to our dream (edit)' / 'Time of our lives'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising