Wednesday 22 April 2009

Good tradition - Tanita Tikaram

'Good tradition' was Tanita Tikaram's debut single back in 1988. Written by Tikaram herself, the single originally didn't get much airplay. But in time, the single slowly climbed up the UK singles chart, until it finally reached number 10 after many weeks.

A few weeks before I went to the record fair in Utrecht this last weekend, I found a special edition of the single on eBay. It featured a black inner sleeve to fill up a hole in the outer front sleeve. I was interested in this item, but the postage costs made it an expensive buy. So I was obviously happy to find that same release for one euro only. Sometimes a record buyer is lucky.

My collection: 7" single no. 3633
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 18, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Good tradition' / 'Valentine heart'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising