Sunday 12 April 2009

Big bubbles, no troubles - Ellis, Beggs and Howard

The debut single of Ellis, Beggs & Howard, 'Big bubbles, no troubles' was released in the summer of 1988. It was a hit in the Netherlands (peaking at number 16) and several other European countries, though it only made number 41 in the UK singles chart.

Briefly after its release, I found the cd-single at discount price. The picture disc included two mixes of the song. It was only after some time that I realised I didn't have the single version of this song. And so, when I found the single in 1995 I was pretty happy.

Nick Beggs performed this song live as part of his set as a 'support act' during the November 2007 European tour of Kim Wilde. He performed it armed only with a backing track and a Chapman stick. The song still sounded as fresh as ever!

My collection: 7" single no. 2587
Found: Grammofoonwinkel, Utrecht, December 30, 1995
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Big bubbles, no troubles' / 'Rock me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising