Monday 27 April 2009

Angel - Fra Lippo Lippi

When I bought this single I didn't know much more about Fra Lippo Lippi than their 1985 album 'Songs'. I found the single 'Angel' and decided I wanted to try out whether they'd continued on the path of listener-friendly synthpop.

'Angel', like the album 'Light and shade' (1987) is a slight departure, though. It moves into the territory of bland middle-of-the-road pop, although it does steer away from all too obvious cliches. Not their best work, then. But it's not too bad, either. It's a bit... well... middle of the road.

My collection: 7" single no. 1034
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 17, 1989
Cost: 60p
Tracks: 'Angel' / 'Everytime I see you (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising