Saturday 7 March 2009

Lover come back to me - Dead or Alive

After their considerable success with 'You spin me 'round', Dead or Alive came up with another energetic popsong in the guise of 'Lover come back to me'. Personally I always thought this was an even more powerful song, but the masses disagreed: this single fared less well. It peaked at number 11 in the UK and number 30 in the Netherlands.

By the time of the next single, the momentum of Dead or Alive seemed to have disappeared, each single scoring less well than its predecessor. And producers Stock Aitken & Waterman moved on to greener pastures with singing soapstars and fair-haired boys.

My collection: 7" single no. 292
Found: LP Top 100, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Track: 'Lover come back to me' / 'Far too hard'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising