Saturday 28 March 2009

Believe in me - Utah Saints

Jez Willis and Tim Garbutt formed Utah Saints in 1990. Early on in their career they had a few hit singles in what they call their 'vocal sample trilogy', of which this one, 'Believe in me' is the third. It features a sample of the Human League's 'Love action', whereas the B-side, a remix of the first part in the trilogy 'What can you do for me', with a sample from the Eurythmics' 'There must be an angel (playing with my heart)'.

The single did not chart in the Netherlands, but peaked at number 8 in the UK singles chart. I bought the single because of the Human League sample. When you listen to this track you quickly realise that the guys forgot to make a song.

My collection: 7" single no. 2709
Found: House of Rhythm, London, July 3, 1996
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Believe in me (7" edit)' / 'What can you do for me (Def Mix 7 inch)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising