Thursday 19 February 2009

Something for the weekend - The Divine Comedy

After having been in the music business for seven years, and having released three albums, The Divine Comedy suddenly found chart success in the UK for the first time with this single, 'Something for the weekend'. Released in June 1996 in advance of the fourth album 'Casanova' it peaked at number 14 in the UK singles chart - and it would be the first of many chart hits that followed.

I found this single while on holiday in York. I knew about the Divine Comedy, but wasn't aware that this new single was released. I bought it despite not having heard it, and of course I bought every single and album since then.

My collection: 7" single no. 2647
Found: HMV, York, June 28, 1996
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Something for the weekend' / 'Songs of love (Theme from 'Father Ted')
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising