Wednesday 18 February 2009

Love on the rocks - Neil Diamond

In 1980, the movie 'The Jazz singer' was released. It was a remake of the 1927 movie of the same name. The soundtrack of the 1980 movie was performed by Neil Diamond. He had been singing and performing since 1966 and got praised and scorned for his role in the movie. Three hit songs came from the soundtrack album: 'America', 'Hello again' and 'Love on the rocks' - but only the last one was also a hit in the Netherlands. I thought it was a beautiful song, and now that I've heard it again, I stand by my judgement of almost 30 years ago.

My collection: 7" single no. 854
Found: Den Haag, May 27, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Love on the rocks' / 'Acapulco'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising