Friday 13 February 2009

Ik dans dus ik besta - Het Goede Doel

After disappearing from the pop scene for a year, the Dutch band Het Goede Doel returned with a new single in early 1986. Entitled 'Ik dans dus ik besta' ('I dance, therefore I am') it was a bouncy pop tune. The lyric was less ironic than earlier tracks, and this resulted in a lower placing in the Dutch Top 40: it peaked at number 29.

Five singles were released from the album 'Mooi en onverslijtbaar', of which this was the one I liked the least. I recently bought it, and was pleased to find out that the 'instrumental' B-side is actually a remix of the track. It even includes vocals.

My collection: 7" single no. 3484
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, December 11, 2008
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Ik dans dus ik besta' / 'Ik dans dus ik besta (instrumental)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising