Sunday 1 February 2009

If I say yes - Five Star

'If I say yes' was the fourth single taken from Five Star's 1986 album 'Silk and steel'. The single reached number 15 in the UK singles chart, but didn't chart in the Netherlands.

The 12" single features remixes of 'If I say yes' (by Phil Harding) and the previous single 'Can't wait another minute' (by John Morales and Sergio Munzibair (a.k.a. M&M)). The instrumental B-side 'Let me down easy' completes this set.

My collection: 12" single no. 345
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, 1998
Cost: 2,5 guilders
Tracks: 'If I say yes (extended mix)' / 'Let me down easy', 'Can't wait another minute (M&M New York remix)'
Download: here

2 comments:

  1. Not a favourite with the fans,and not a favourite of 5 Stars either !!
    I like it,but every track on 'Silk & Steel' album was even better ,so this seemed like a strange choice to follow up their biggest Uk hit (Rain or Shine).

    Still the remix is definitely worth having and the mix of 'Can't Wait' is a MUST HAVE.Fantastic.

    The sleeve photo is stunning - except for Delroy's shirt.And Lorraine's blue boots (what WAS she thinking ?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Five Star requst.

    Do you have the track System Addict especially the B-Side Pure Energy. Have not heard that B-side for quite a while and would love to hear it again.

    Thank you so much in advance. Keep up the great work on a great blog.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising