Wednesday 11 February 2009

Blue flame (Melt the ice) - Rupert Hine

Rupert Hine released 'Blue flame (Melt the ice)' as a single in 1985. It was in the year that he was also involved in the soundtrack of the movie 'Better off dead'. This single was never included on any album, although the 2001 cd release of his 1983 album 'The wildest wish to fly' includes this single as a bonus track.

I found this single in my local record shop and got curious. I'd become interested in Rupert Hine's production work for Howard Jones and his solo single 'Eleven faces'. When I played this single for the first time, I knew I'd found a great song.

My collection: 7" single no. 770
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, March 16, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Blue flame (Melt the ice)' / 'Yellow flame'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising