Thursday 1 January 2009

Song 2 - Blur

'Song 2' was the second single released from Blur's self-titled fifth album (1997). The riff-based track, known for its overdriven chorus, is among the most well-known songs. The song was called 'Song 2', according to Damon Albarn, because the working title ended up sticking. It ended up, coincidentally, peaking at no. 2 in the UK singles chart, and lasts for exactly two minutes and two seconds.

The 7" single was released on purple vinyl. This is the main reason why I bought it: I didn't know the track yet, I did however like its predecessor, 'Beetlebum'.

My collection: 7" single no. 2862
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, September 20, 1997
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Song 2' / 'Get out of cities'

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing, I have found 12'' & 7'' vinyl very interesting, thanks. If you want to visit my blog this is the link: http://andresmj.blogspot.com/

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising