Tuesday 6 January 2009

She's out of my life - Michael Jackson

'She's out of my life' was the fourth and final single taken from Michael Jackson's 1979 album 'Off the wall'. Unlike the previous singles, this song was a slow ballad. The song was written by Tom Bahler after Karen Carpenter broke up with him upon discovering he had fathered a child with another woman.

At the end of the song, Jackson appears to break down in tears. He tried many takes of the last few minutes of the song, but always ended the same way – breaking down in tears. Producer Quincy Jones finally decided to leave the recording 'as is'.

This single was pressed on red vinyl and is part four of a limited edition nine disc set released in 1983.

My collection: 7" single no. 3525
Found: eBay, January 6, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'She's out of my life' / 'Push me away' (The Jacksons)
Download: Album 'Off the wall', including 'She's out of my life'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising