Friday 9 January 2009

I'm in a different world - Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin

Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin made a career out of covering old soul songs. Starting out with the German number one hit 'It's my party' in 1981, they also recorded covers of songs like 'The Locomotion', 'Johnny Rocco' and this 'I'm in a different world'. It was written by the Motown songwriting team of Holland/Dozier/Holland and it was a hit for the Four Tops in November 1968, reaching number 27 in the UK singles chart. This cover version didn't reach that chart, but it was a minor hit in the Netherlands, only just missing the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 3540
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, January 9, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'I'm in a different world' / 'Henry and James'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising