Saturday 17 January 2009

Each and every one - Everything but the girl

Everything but the girl are a two person band, formed in Hull in 1982 by Tracey Thorn and Ben Watt. They released their debut album 'Eden' in 1984. It featured their first hit single, 'Each and every one', which reached number 28 in the UK and number 9 in the Netherlands.

I thought the song was intensely dull when it came out. Of course, there were a lot more interesting pop acts around at that time to grab my interest. So I only grew to like this song later, and it was at the end of the eighties that I finally bought this single.

My collection: 7" single no. 847
Found: Den Haag, May 27, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Each and every one' / 'Laugh you out the house'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising