Friday 16 January 2009

Dancing in the dark - Tony Sherman

I found out about Tony Sherman's cover of 'Dancing in the dark' more than a decade after it was released. It was released in the same year as Kim Wilde's version, in 1983. Kim's version wasn't a hit, and neither was Tony Sherman's version. But a 12" single was released, and that was an item worth searching for.

Well, the search went on and on... but the disc never surfaced. Imagine my surprise when I finally found it, just two weeks ago, in my hometown! A very rare item, even if the music isn't very exciting.

My collection: 12" single no. 476
Found: La La Land, Den Haag, January 3, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Dancing in the dark [extended]' / 'Another fool, another love'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising