Tuesday 6 January 2009

Be near me - ABC

ABC had reasonable success with this single, reaching no. 25 in the UK singles chart in the summer of 1985. 'Be near me' by ABC was released as a double single in a strictly limited edition. The second single contained remixes of two of ABC's biggest hits from 1982: 'Poison arrow' and 'The look of love'. Previously released as DJ remixes in the USA, those 12" singles were changing hands on the black market for vastly inflated prices - or so the sleeve of this double single claims - and so the record company decided to release them on this double single.

For some time, the - frankly wonderful - remix of 'Poison arrow' was played regularly on local radio in my hometown, and I started searching for this double single. I was overjoyed when I finally saw it and had the opportunity to buy it. I regarded it as a crown jewel in my record collection. In a way, I still do.

My collection: 7" single no. 350
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 14,95 guilders
Tracks: 'Be near me' / 'A to Z' // 'Poison arrow (US remix)' / 'The look of love (US remix)'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. It took me a long time to track down the USA remix and I live in the US! Found it on a promotional single, Trevor Horn at his best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising