Sunday 4 January 2009

Another weekend - Five star

Five Star returned in 1988 with a raunchier image for their fourth album, 'Rock the world'. They'd had big success with their three previous albums, but they felt that they'd gone as far as they could with the sound they'd had ever since their debut. 'Another weekend' reached number 18 in the UK singles chart, but it also signalled the end of their three year reign of the charts: further singles couldn't equal their previous successes.

Since I have most of Five Star's 12" singles, I was happy to find this one. It almost completes my collection - but I will obviously write about the other ones on this blog later.

My collection: 12" single no. 479
Found: La La Land, Den Haag, January 3, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Another weekend (Friday Night mix)' / 'Another weekend (Friday Night Dub mix)', 'The mews'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. Ahh this is a big favourite with the fans ,to this very day (yes,there's still a Five Star fan community ,even now !)
    I was never keen on this song,but I'll admit that the dance routine was amazing.

    I like 'The Mews' though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising