Monday 1 December 2008

Så länge det lyser mittemot - Marie Fredriksson

Marie Fredriksson was famous in Sweden even before she joined the band Roxette, that would take her around the world. Her solo work is sometimes just as poppy, but also contains a darker, more melancholic side that appeals to me a lot.

I got to hear 'Så länge det lyser mittemot' via MTV Europe in 1992, soon after it was released in Sweden. I wasn't too impressed by this track at first, mostly because the video didn't appeal to me. Then, a year later, I spotted Marie's cd 'Den standiga resan' in a record shop in Amsterdam at a discount price. The booklet of this cd was beautiful, and because of that I decided to buy this cd and try it out. I fell in love with the album. It was only in 2001 when I bought this vinyl single. I've come to like this track and the thought of owning this single was too attractive to deny. It's the only Marie Fredriksson track that I have on vinyl - everything else I have on cd now.

My collection: 7" single no. 3317
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, March 24, 2001
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Så länge det lyser mittemot' / 'Den där novemberdan'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising