Tuesday 9 December 2008

It's my life - Talk Talk

These days, Talk Talk's 'It's my life' is universally seen as a classic track. Remarkably, it didn't reach very high places in the charts when it was released. It didn't even make the top 20 in most countries. But it's still a track everyone knows, even now.

I was very impressed with Talk Talk when they burst onto the scene in 1984. I didn't, however, get a chance to buy all their singles. So of course I had to buy them later. In this case, it led to an interesting collector's item: the Brazilian single contained the extended version on the A-side and the single version on the B-side. It was the first time I bought a 12" version on a 7" single.

My collection: 7" single no. 1218
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, April 22, 1990
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'It's my life (extended version)' / 'It's my life'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising