Sunday 23 November 2008

Young girl - Sue Saad and the Next

In 1980 there were some female fronted bands around. Blondie, obviously, started the trends, but later bands like the Pretenders would take their example and build on it. A short-lived band like Sue Saad and the Next was another example. They released one album in 1980. Their first single from that album was 'Young girl'. It reached the Dutch chart in April 1980 and stayed in there for six week, reaching no. 20.

It was a great example of new wave rock, which impressed me as a young radio listener. I simply had to buy this single, and I did so as soon as I could. I never regretted it. I also remember losing this single: for two years I didn't know where this record had gone. Until one day, the room I had in my parents's house was remodelled and I found it behind a radiator of the central heating. Miraculously enough, it hadn't even bent.

My collection: 7" single no. 46
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1980
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Young girl' / 'Cold night rain'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising