Thursday 27 November 2008

Senses working overtime - XTC

It's not that I'm such a fan of XTC. I did love the song 'Making plans for Nigel' when it was in the charts, but 'Senses working overtime' made less of an impression on me. Still, that was the first XTC record I bought. It was probably because it was the only track in the 'out of charts'-bin that I liked when I visited my usual record shop in 1982. I paid half price for 'out of charts' singles, which made it worthwhile to choose from that selection.

'Senses working overtime' was the last hit for XTC in the Netherlands. They would continue to release singles but they never made a dent in the charts. In the UK they fared only slightly better: most singles didn't make the top 40 anymore, with the exception of 'The disappointed' (1992).

My collection: 7" single no. 141
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Senses working overtime' / 'Blame the weather', 'Tissue tigers (the arguers)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising