Tuesday 18 November 2008

Love take over - Five Star

Five Star is one of those pop groups that churn out happy tunes like there's no tomorrow, sell millions of records and then disappear into anonymity. Well, almost, because part of the group is still performing live from time to time.

I always liked Five Star, so it's no wonder that at some point I started collecting their 12" singles. Back in 1985, there was still a good chance that a 12" single would include an extended version of a song, instead of a remixed, remodelled and re-done track. 'Love take over' was remixed by Paul Hardcastle, who was one of the big names of that time. A nice find, although I can't remember exactly how I got my hands on this one...

My collection: 12" single no. 342
Found: ?
Cost: ?
Tracks: 'Love take over (remix by Paul Hardcastle)' / 'Keep in touch', 'Let me be the one (instrumental version featuring Grover Washington jr.)'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. ''Loooooooove take oveeerrr - and when it's in control,and it won't let go....''

    Fabulous ! Sounds like summer (or maybe I'm just thinking of the video).

    I bought both 12''Love Take Over singles,but not at the same time.I didn't realise there was a remix version ,until many years later !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising