Friday 28 November 2008

Heaven can wait - Bolland

The Dutch brothers Rob and Ferdi Bolland have released many singles in the Netherlands, but they became more famous for their production work, amongst others with Austrian singer Falco. They became still more famous because of their song 'You're in the army now', which was covered by Status Quo in 1986. The original version was recorded in 1983 for Bolland's album 'The domino theory'.

The 12" single 'Heaven can wait' includes an extended remix of 'You're in the army now', and that was my reason for buying it. I didn't know the track 'Heaven can wait', which is on the A-side, and I have to say the B-side of this 12" single is superior. Or is it just me...?

My collection: 12" single no. 465
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, 2007
Cost: 5 euro
Tracks: 'Heaven can wait (extended version)' / 'You're in the army now (extended version)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising