Friday 6 September 2024

Trail of destruction - Kim Wilde

A new single by Kim Wilde is always an event, but more recently it has become more of an event because finally they're being released on 7" vinyl again. 'Trail of destruction' is a powerful song with strong lyrics that should grab you by the throat upon first listen. Unfortunately in my case the single came out while I was on holiday and so my first listen happened on a mobile phone that is becoming a bit geriatric.

So I was happy to receive this physical copy. The only criticism I would venture is the lack of a B-side. Kim has delivered strong B-sides throughout her career, but this particular disc only contains an etching of the 'Kim Wilde' logo and her autograph. It's a nice touch, of course. The new album Closer is out in January, but at the end of this month there are deluxe editions of her three 90s albums on MCA, so plenty of stuff to listen to in the meantime.

My collection: 7" single no. 7297
Found: Cherry Red website, received 24 August 2024
Tracks: 'Trail of destruction'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising