Tuesday 10 September 2024

I have a dream - Abba

Perfect for that end-of-year melancholy feeling, 'I have a dream' was released a few weeks before Christmas 1979. The song was written by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus circa March 1979 and was taken from the album Voulez-Vous. Anni-Frid Lyngstad sang the lead vocals. The recording includes a final chorus by 28 children from Stockholm International School. The track is also notable for the extensive use of an electric sitar, an unusual instrument in Abba's recordings. 

The B-side featured a live recording of 'Take a chance on me', recorded at Wembley in London. 

This edition is a picture disc released as part of a series accompanying the re-release of the album Voulez-Vous in 2019. 

My collection: 7" single no. 7320
Found: Discogs.com, received 4 September 2024
Tracks: 'I have a dream' / 'Take a chance on me [live]'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising